Monday, March 5, 2012

Weird Fear

I've talked a bunch about the resistance, or the soldier. Basically, I've talked about fear.

Fear is killer. It stops us from accomplishing great things. It keeps us from many goals we set. It provides an escape route in tough situations. However, we have no one to blame but ourselves when fear overtakes us. After all, it's our fear, right?

Franklin D. Roosevelt said in his Inaugural Address, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." He put it well (I suppose he had to; he was the President).

Mark Twain said this about fear: "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."

Bill Cosby (who happened to be hilarious) said: "In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure."

These are quotes from some of the most inspirational, knowledgeable, and respected men of American history. I think they had a few good things to say.

I challenge you to go out this week and do something you fear. It could be talking to a stranger, hiking that hill, taking that test, or speaking to an audience. Do something different, weird, or scary. I bet you'll learn something. I'd love to hear how it goes for you!

Share your story down below in the comment section!

3 comments: