Friday, March 16, 2012

Anticipations

In my anticipations of the upcoming adventure, I'm reminded again of the old adage: "Anything worth having is worth waiting for."

I'm not over-the-top-seven-year-old excited about my trip, but I am looking forward to it. I always look forward to trips, cause I'm the type that loves to travel. I love flying, I enjoy driving, the train was fun, and boats are great. I have yet to try a magic carpet (although it is on my list of awesome ways to die). I've always been a travel-lover. From the age of ten, I wished to be a commercial airline pilot. I bought a kid's sized pilot's cap for $22.00 when I was eleven. (It's funny how $22.00 can make an eleven year-old feel like a million bucks.) It doesn't really fit me anymore, but it reminds me about all the good times I had as a kid, anxiously waiting for the day when I could learn to fly.

Now I'm that age. I don't really want to be a pilot anymore. Hmm... Could it be that, if we got our way, we would miss out on what is actually in store for us? Yeah.

There's a note on the fridge at my house that says, "The heaviest part of sorrow is looking forward to tomorrow."

Trust in Him to provide. And live like you were dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment