Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Here I am..

I'm back into civilization. Somewhat.

Actually, I'm sitting in a travel trailer in Montana. Not civilization.

Here's an update on me:

I got to Montana last Wednesday, and, after six hours of sleep, I headed up to Williston, North Dakota with some of the buddies to look for a job. Myself and my traveling partner Nik started our trek at Wal-Mart, and applied at each place of business we walked by.

Forty five minutes later, we found ourselves being interviewed in a cluttered office in the lower story of the local Napa Auto Parts. Ten minutes later, we both had a job, starting the next morning.

We were pretty pumped. In fact, we still are.

We're working forty hour weeks. We get up at 5:00 am, pack a lunch (this is frugal and really smart), and head up to work. We have a fifty minute drive to work, and we go through a time-change on the way. It makes it interesting.

I'm practicing laundry, cooking, working, shopping, and a bunch of other activities that I'm not totally accustom to. That's okay though, cause this stuff might come in handy some time.

That's a little bit to let you catch up on my activities.

More to come!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on landing a job... and so quickly! That's so great that you and Nik get to work at the same place. I'm sure Marshall (and the others) is very happy you'll be sticking around. Say hi to him for me! :) God be with you in your new endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! It's been a great time in the trailer. We eat cereal alot. It used to be a treat. Now it's food. =)

    ReplyDelete