Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's It Worth?

I was thinking. It's always an interesting time when I think. During my thinking episode, I thought a thought. It went like this: "How do I add value? In all my doings in business, work, and school, where do i add the value I can add?" Another thought: why does adding value matter?

I came to this conclusion: Adding value in all walks of life is part of being different. It's part of being weird. It's part of challenging the status quo. That's what this blog is about.

I came up with a few suggestions for adding value at work, the first of which is this: Go the extra mile. Always. The surest way to provide value for an employer is to do more than you're told. Go above and beyond. Make it a habit.

Second, don't fall into the perilous Not-my-job Syndrome. This kills. Don't be bound by a job description. Just get over it and clean up the mess.

Lastly, keep your chin up. This is huge for fellow employees, your employer, and the customers. If I may quote Zig Ziglar, "Its your attitude, not your aptitude which determines your altitude."

Try out my theory and let me know how it worked for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment